OPI Designer Series (DS) Magic and Radiance

I picked up the new OPI Designer Series (DS) colors in Magic and Radiance. I like the DS line from OPI. They seem to step out of the box a bit with this line. I have no idea why they don't just release them as regular OPI colors but I think the silver handle lets them charge more. Ha!

Anyway, I'm not really impressed with them. I think if you are selective in the polishes you have you may find these fill a gap. If you have a larger collection you may find these are repeats of other colors. The formula was good and dry time was excellent. I still dislike the pro-wide brush.

DS Radiance is a silver foil. It looks like other silver foils like Zoya Trixie and Finger Paints Easel Come, Easel Go. I prefer the Finger Paints because it is a one coater for me.



DS Magic is a bright blue with purple/pink shimmer. This one is much like Orly's Lunar Eclipse and Sally Hansen's HD in Laser. You can see swatches of those here.





I picked these up at a local place here but I believe they are available at Transdesign.

5 comments

Unknown September 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM

i'm bored with these. c'mon OPI let's try and do something new, especially when you're going to charge $12 for a bottle! they are pretty but dupes are so easy to find it's ridiculous.

LB September 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I agree! My first thought was "WTF! These aren't original!" and I felt stupid for buying them. I was hoping for a blue like Fantasy or Glamour - another blue holo would have pleased me greatly. Blah OPI!

rebeca.cd September 2, 2010 at 12:55 PM

These colours are gorgeous!

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

jbrobeck September 2, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I LOVE WHEN YOU SAVE ME MONEY!!! Will stick to my Orly Cosmix for the Blue!!! And a billion other silver foils. Mwah!

LB September 3, 2010 at 6:51 AM

I love saving you money too! Now if I could do that for myself. Ahh well.

Post a Comment