Orly 2010 Holiday - Tis The Season Swatches

It is really rare for Orly to let me down and this collection is a really nice holiday offering. I enjoy holiday offerings in general. They are usually bright and cheery and sometimes glittery. I bought this at Transdesign and I'm really pleased.

Naughty or Nice is a deep vampy purple - very sexy and very shiny! Not unique but a really great formula.





Candy Cane Lane is a cheery red creme with a hint of pink. It does kind of remind me of candy canes. Again, not unique and if you have a few red cremes in your stash (and you should!) you can pass on this one.





Rockin' Rocket is a mid-tone shimmery golden rosey burgundy. This is really pretty. I'm not sure if I have anything like this - maybe Zoya Shivon. A suprise because I really like it.







Glitz & Glamour is a gorgeous and amazing gold glittery foil. It has a bright old gold look and it's just WOW! I don't have many golds in my stash but this is a huge hit for me.







Shade.



Indoors.



Winter Wonderland is a sparkly white that looks like crushed ice on the nails. I thought it might be close to China Glaze White-Kwik-Silvr so I compared.







Shade.



Indoors.



China Glaze White-Kwik-Silvr (left) and Orly Winter Wonderland (right).





Meet Me Under the Mistletoe is a spruce green with green and silver shimmer/glitter. Yum! I love this one. I did a comparison between China Glaze Emerald Sparkle and the older Orly Mistletoe.









Orly Mistletoe (left), China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (middle) and Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe (right).



5 comments

Nicole August 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM

This is such a great post! Now I know I really want Rockin Rocket, Glitz & Glamour, Winter Wonderland and Meet Me Under The Mistletoe. Basically the last four! And great comparisons.

KarenD August 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Thanks for these swatches and I appreciate the comps. I think I might be able to get by with only a couple of these, but it's too early to say for sure--I often get swayed by bottles once I see them in the store.

Jo August 7, 2010 at 1:47 PM

That gold foil is amazing! Thanks for the swatches :)

Johanna (Paillette) August 7, 2010 at 5:23 PM

OH! That gold!!
Love the green, too!

Is the red a jelly? I'm not up on jelly or "just not enough pigment" lol

Thanks so much for the beautiful swatches!!!

LB August 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I cannot say enough how awesome that gold is! Love it.

The red isn't a jelly but a creme. The sun really brightened it up. Plus it is still a bit wet in that pic.

Post a Comment