Smackdown: Zoya Veruschka vs OPI Aragon Suede

I got my Zoya exchange polishes in the mail and one of them was Veruschka. I decided to compare it to OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow Suede.

Top to bottom - OPI with topcoat, Zoya with topcoat, OPI, Zoya



Left to right - OPI with topcoat, Zoya with topcoat, OPI, Zoya



Left to right - OPI, Zoya





Left to right - Zoya, OPI, Zoya with topcoat, OPI with topcoat



Both are a lovely hunter green with shimmer when worn with a topcoat and since I love greens that is a really good thing! The Zoya is darker. Of course the everyday person would not notice this but I do. I can't be alone in this though. Can you see that it is darker?

I'm claiming the Zoya the winner in this one. It doesn't seem as flat and the formula is so much nicer. I really wish OPI had made this a suede like the previous suede colors. Those reminded me of stone and had some depth and character. This is a matte and not a suede, in my opinion of course!

6 comments

peripatetic33 June 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM

i think the zoya looks prettier yeah
neener neener neener i already has the zoya and now i don't feel like i need the OPI
thanks

Rebecca June 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Yeah I prefer the Zoya as it is not as matte and flat. I like the more shimmery finish. However they are both very similar and I wouldn't get both.

I love that you called this post Smackdown lol!

Recalcitrant Nails June 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Again, I have the Zoya already and prefer it over OPI due to formula, company PR, and staying power on the nail. :) Great post.

amusedPolish June 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM

i'm lemming veruschka now even tough i rarely buy( and have) greens- haha

and I agree with lacquer ware- zoya's definitly a winner for me

jbrobeck June 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM

wow, great comps! for some reason i feel like I am the only person who does not like this shade of green =(

i had Veruschka but sent it on to a happier home. now i know i don't need the OPI! thanks =)

Tassa June 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I like it more with topcoat! :)

Post a Comment