Essie Oscar Please - It Is Not Gold!

I picked up Essie Oscar Please for $1 in some beauty supply place. You think with the name it would be a bright gold - nope. I stared at this color and tried to come up with a written description but I was stumped. It's not yellow enough to be mustard and it has too much of a hint of gold to be putty colored. I'm going to go with pale goldenrod. It has very faint shimmer as well. This is an old school Essie and the formula was wonderful! Newer Essie polishes tend to not always play well with me.

It's not a pretty color and I like that! Go Essie! I decided to cheer it up a bit with Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday. Still kind of ugly. Ahh. I like it. Reminds me of some weird wallpaper you would have bought in the 70's to put on your wall. And in the bathroom no less.

I always think of my 7th grade art teacher when I think of colors. He taught me color theory. He also looked like Nero Wolfe - or what I imagined Nero Wolfe looking like. I always wanted to ask him if he grew orchids.

Taken under my Ott light because it's dreary and dark at the moment. The photos are color accurate.





4 comments

Rebecca May 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Ahaha I love it, it's similar to the fugly mani I posted the other day! Great :D

LB May 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I saw yours and I like it! I didn't think it was ugly at all but my taste tends to be questionable at best.

Ria May 31, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I love both of your manis!!!And I'm going to try to make something like them :)
Wish me luck!

LB May 31, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Good luck! I'd love to see it.

Post a Comment